Sunday, August 25, 2019

Finished:1964 Impala Lowrider

When I started this build in 2018, I had originally planned to make a factory stock, red Impala. Well...the paint can I chose to do it, Guards Red from Testors, decided otherwise. It came out splattered. I was pretty dejected but my family. and one of my model club members who saw it, encouraged me to finish it. So...I did. And with a paint job like that, the only way I could go was a lowrider. I ended up using parts from two or three kits, that's unknown. The front seats and the gold wheels came from a Revell 1963 Impala, but the tires came out of my parts box, so they MAY have come from either of the Impala kits...I'll never know. (I had gathered up all my lowrider tires and wheels for a different project that never progressed past the wheel and tire gathering stage)

Since I was going full lowrider, and since I wanted the left side to be showcased, I engineered it to have the left front wheel up in the air using the three options of suspension height provided in the kit.

Since the exhaust pipes were visible behind the left wheel, and possibly into the engine compartment, I had to build a full engine, something I don't do all that often.















No comments:

Post a Comment