Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My First Model: 1953 Ford F-100

I figured I would start out by posting the first model I ever built, back in November 1999. I had previously done some work with my dad- I would hand him the parts, and he would build them- but this was the first one I did by myself. I had no idea what I was doing, but I still ended up with a decent model. It turned out to be one of the better models of the more than 100 that I brush painted.

The pictures aren't that great- they date to 2006, and my photography skills have improved since then, but they are the only ones I have so they will have to do.


I didn't have any brown paint, so I painted the bed gold. This was before I had ever heard of Bare Metal Foil so the Ford badging on the hood is painted silver.

I didn't yet know to paint the inside of the body, and the tailgate hinge and front suspension have since broken. I missed applying the fuel filler totally.


Not great, but it was a start, and they would get better with time.

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment