Tuesday, March 3, 2015

NASCAR-1988 Brad Noffsinger #98 Sunoco Buick

I have not posted for a few days while I thought about how I wanted to go about it. I thought about going in order of completion, or even going in order of subject matter, but I decided to post my most recent build now, just for the heck of it really.

I completed only two models in 2014, and this is the only good one. Noffsinger competed in only 12 races in 1988, but he DNQd for several more. Sunoco left for Billy Hagen's team and Sterling Marlin in 1989, and Brad Noffsinger never ran another Winston Cup race.

I had been trying to get somebody to make these decals since 2004, and they were finally made in 2014, so I had to build it. I have the Olds in progress too, but it's too cold to work on models right now, as I paint outside.

This also turned out to be the 98th NASCAR model I've finished, and for the 3rd year in a row, my goal in 2015 is to hit 100. I have finished one a year for the past three years so it will be amazing if I can actually pull it off.

Enjoy the photos!



1 comment: