Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Finished: 1979 Ford Pinto Wagon

Finished 5/28/2018
My model explosion continues! This is the new issue MPC kit, which I got when it was released in 2016. I started it instantly when my skills were not good and managed to get runs and bubbles in the Tamiya primer! (hard to mess that up) I set it aside then but got back to it this year. When I saw the yellow and brown stripes I knew instantly that I would paint it metallic brown- Root Beer from Testors One-Coat lacquer-which then took 4 coats of clearcoat to get the proper shine. The interior is painted "Skeleton Bone"- a color from the local gaming store. This ended up being my 300th built, when I finished it on May 28th. A major milestone for me, in my 19th year modeling.








1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Been (very slowly) getting back into modelling. Been mostly an airplane guy but really enjoy these autos of yours.

    ReplyDelete