Saturday, February 20, 2016

An actual progress report!

It's been a long time since I had any progress to show. My modeling skills have seemingly left me. But I still keep trying.

2015 was the first year I didn't finish anything since I began building in 1999. I am determined to change that...

First thing I worked on this year was one of those photo-etched models...I've never attempted one before. It's tough...made tougher by the sub-par directions...I've made a few mistakes but I will get there. My pictures today stink- I took 4, all are crap. But I'm posting some anyway because I want to have something to post and don't feel like getting my photo setup out. Before I attempted this I had never done anything with photo-etch beyond adding a script to one model...definitely a big step here.

Today (2/20/16) it reached 60 degrees so I was able to make some progress on my Torino. Not sure if I've shown it on the blog before but today I did the decaling and cleared it. I rarely clear over decals- this is only the second or third time I've ever done it. In retrospect I should have BMFed the scripts, instead of using the decals. The side marker lights and door locks are also decals.
It's not quite dry so the picture is not great. But it shows the shine and it shows the Ford decals and others. Close enough! I am hoping to get this done in time for the NNL East in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment